Arts Therapy and
No, it’s not all just painting on canvases! You also don’t need to be an “artist” to participate and reap the benefits. The Arts Therapies are a form of psychotherapy utilising creative modalities, including visual art-making, drama, and dance/movement, within a therapeutic relationship to improve and inform physical, mental and emotional well-being (ANZACATA). As a psychotherapy, arts therapy isn’t designed to “solve and diagnose” something, more to bring awareness and value to the ongoing relational process and what is present for the inquirer. Facilitators (Companions) are professionals who have extensive knowledge of, and are able to practice supportive and educational theories and techniques. Arts Therapy works with people of all ages, in a variety of settings.
MIECAT arts therapy paradigm orientates towards the acknowledgement of the present moment, the relationship between and the process which unfolds. As the inquirer you will be supported within that ever changing moment.
Together we explore what is coming up for you in that moment by representing these through creativity means. We explore deeper the themes and experiences that run through you. Art Therapy allows you the opportunity and space to address your emotional needs and internal feelings, which you may not always have the opportunity to do, may not be capable of doing verbally or physically, or are not commonly invited to do.
Art Therapy is about engaging with the materials available and communicating visually; a whole brain psychotherapy for when words are not enough.
- Express feelings and release past traumas that may be difficult to verbalise
- Create, safety, positive boundaries, see your triggers and regulate your emotions
- Develop a routine for life balance and freedom
- Freely express stress and anxiety (emotional release)
- Co-create a journey of individuation
- Embody a positive identity and embrace your intuition
- Amplify self-esteem and self compassion
- Define values and beliefs to help you gain a sense of what really matters to you, and how they affect your behaviour
- Attracting success and positive experiences
Are you ready to believe and celebrate all that you are?
Let your soul express its longing beneath. With Creative Arts Therapy at the heart of the practice, sessions are an intuitive integration of a range of creative therapies dependent on your initial consult and the developing nature of your needs.